Pre-service patient education through Emmi
Priority Health provides access to shared decision-making programs and pre-service education through our vendor, Emmi®. Research shows that when patients better understand their treatment and what they can do to improve outcomes, complications and readmission rates are reduced and patients are less likely to cancel or delay their procedures.
Authorization requirements vary by plan and procedure.
Required before authorizations for:
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- CT for preventive lung cancer screening
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure
Emmi is our patient education partner
Emmi® programs help patients understand procedures, the risks and complications, and what they can do before and after to ensure the best results. The interactive online programs are viewable on all web-connected computers, including tablets and mobile devices.
Emmi® programs supplement physician education and support your patients in:
- Shared decision-making collaboration with you, helping explain options and their consequences and applying this information to their values and preferences.
- Pre-service patient education, helping patients better understand complex procedures and prepare for their surgery and recovery.
Learn more about Emmi
Learn more about Emmi® programs on their website, emmisolutions.com.