Protect yourself and your family
Some people look for illegal ways to get money from health insurance companies. That’s called health care fraud and abuse. Experts estimate that it costs you and all U.S. taxpayers as much as $175 billion dollars each year.
Health care fraud is when someone lies to get money they aren’t entitled to.
- A doctor bills the insurance company for a service that the doctor did not provide
- A person receives health care services under someone else’s name
Health care abuse is when a doctor provides unnecessary care or patients try to avoid paying their share of the costs.
Health care abuse happens when:
- A person goes to the emergency room for non-emergency services
- A doctor orders tests or services you don't need
Report fraud and abuse
If you think you know of this kind of activity, you should report it. You will not have to give your name, address or phone number.
Contact Priority Health
- Call Customer Service at 616.464.8102 or 888.975.8102
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - noon
- Write to Priority Health Fraud and Abuse Program
MS 3175, 1231 E. Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Email SIU@priorityhealth.com
Call the Compliance Helpline
Call 800.560.7013. This third-party organization is open 24 hours a day, and they’ll report your concern to us.