School's out, but the doctor's always in
Summer is a great time of year: kids are home, school's out, and the sun is shining. It's also the busiest time of year for many families.
Between sports, family events and enjoying the warm weather, it can feel like there's no time for a doctor appointment during the summer months. But, there's always a chance that someone in the family could get sick, experience allergies or get a bee sting. Luckily, virtual care is available to you.
Whether you're lounging by the pool or boating on the lake, if you need care for a non-emergency medical concern, MedNow virtual care is here for you and your family 24/7.
When your doctor's office isn't open, virtual care is convenient for treating issues like:
- Watery, itchy eyes
Virtual care usually costs less than an urgent care or emergency room visit, and it’s quicker too. All you need is an internet connection and your favorite device to get started.
How to schedule virtual care
You may have access to virtual care solutions through your current doctor. Or log in to your MyHealth account to schedule a MedNow virtual care visit. You can also call 844.322.7374 to schedule your MedNow virtual care appointment.
MedNow offers visits with Michigan-based, board-certified providers.
In this issue
New at Priority Health
- Traveling this summer? Don't leave home without the Assist America app
- School's out, but the doctor's always in
- No appointment needed: Grand Rapids Spectrum Health walk-in clinic
- How to get the most from your employer health plan
- Generic vs. brand-name drugs: Is price the only difference?
- Helping your parents navigate Medicare
Paying for care
- Save for your care with a health savings account (HSA)
- Knowing your costs - make it a routine procedure