Knowing your costs: Make it a routine procedure
You need an MRI, so what happens next? You get it done and receive a bill you weren’t prepared for. This has happened to many of our members, but the days of going in blind are over.
Imagine a tool that allows you to see the cost of an MRI at different locations. Better yet, what if that cost was based on your specific health plan – so you knew how much you'd have to pay ahead of time? This tool exists for Priority Health members and has saved users thousands since it launched two years ago.
Cost Estimator is completely centered on you. It puts you in control of your health care costs by giving you the information you need to make the decisions for you and your family.
There are more than 300 services available in the tool with new features and improvements constantly being added.
Here's a sample of the services in Cost Estimator:
- Allergy shots
- Annual physical exam
- Behavioral health
- Hip, knee and shoulder surgery
- Chiropractic visits
- Dermatology visits
- Lab tests
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions (coming soon)
Remember to use Cost Estimator before you get care because prices can vary widely for the same health care service, depending on the facility, hospital or surgery center you choose. You could save a lot of money by taking a little time to research.
Getting started with Cost Estimator is easy
Follow these steps to start saving on your care today:
- Log in to MyHealth. If you don't have a MyHealth account, set one up.
- Click on the Cost Estimator tile at the top of your screen.
- Search for a procedure, such as "knee arthroscopy."
- Choose a doctor and a location. Cost Estimator shows you providers in your plan's network.
- Get an estimate based on your current deductible balance, your copays and your coinsurance. If the doctor or facility choice you make is on the high end, Cost Estimator will suggest less expensive options for you.
Cost Estimator is only applicable to Michigan residents. It is not available to Medicare or Medicaid members.