Feeling under the weather, but it's after hours?
If you or someone on your plan is sick and your doctor's office is closed for the day, don't reach for your car keys! Heading to urgent care or the emergency room may not be the answer.
Skip the waiting room and see a doctor online
As a Priority Health member, you have 24/7 access to virtual care through MedNowSM. This means you can get the care you need anytime, anywhere. MedNow is a great option if you're without convenient access to care, living in a remote area, or frequently traveling. Consider virtual care for non-emergencies and get the help you need from the comfort of your couch, bed office or hotel. Our virtual care is available on nights, weekends and even holidays.
Virtual care is appropriate for conditions like:
- Back pain
- Bites and stings
- Cough, cold and flu
- Heart burn
- Pink eye
- Rash or hives
- Sinus problems
- Urinary symptoms
Virtual care is not appropriate:
- If you think you need an X-ray
- Need lab work
- Have an existing serious medical condition
Save time and money
Virtual care is also a great way to save time and money. There's no time wasted in a waiting room and the process is safe and secure. Virtual care follows traditional privacy practices. It typically only takes about 15 minutes from the time you request virtual care until you’re speaking with a Michigan-based doctor.
A few things to know if you're new to virtual care
As a Priority Health member, 24/7 virtual care with a provider is available to you through:
- Video visits: Allow a doctor to examine you head to toe, just as if you were in an exam room.
- eVisits: Describe your symptoms using an online questionnaire and a doctor will diagnose and treat the condition the same day.
Be prepared ahead of time by registering your MyHealth account. That way, when you need care, you can quickly schedule an appointment. And if you have dependents on your health care plan, be sure to register a MyHealth account for each dependent to get them started.
How to schedule your virtual care
When you need care, log in to your MyHealth account and follow these steps:
- Select MedNow 24/7
- Choose Video Visit or eVisit
- Answer the short questionnaire describing your symptoms
- Choose a date and time for your virtual care appointment
- Review appointment information and submit
If you need help while setting up your appointment, call 844.322.7374 for assistance.
When it's time to securely connect with a clinician, you can use your phone, tablet or computer. As long as you have an internet connection, a clinician can assess your situation by evaluating your intake form or interacting with you through a video visit.
The provider can diagnose, recommend treatment and prescribe medication if necessary. Prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice and results from MedNow will be shared with your primary care provider.
The cost for virtual care is typically lower than going to an urgent care facility or the emergency room.
The next time you need non-emergency care, think of MedNow, brought to you by Priority Health.
In this issue
- Champion spotlight: Scott Lacey of Kalamazoo
- Feeling under the weather, but it's after hours?
- 5 ways your plan can save you money
- What to buy at your local farmer’s market this fall
- Decoding commonly used terms at your doctor's office
- Understanding your benefits