Free program helps you control prescriptions and Rx costs
We know that when you have a chronic condition like depression, diabetes, asthma or cancer, you have a lot to manage each day. And that taking multiple medications can get confusing and costly. That's why we provide a convenient and free program called Medication Therapy Management (MTM) that lets you work with a specially trained pharmacist to get the best care and keep your out-of-pocket costs down. If you or someone on your Priority Health plan* is taking four or more medications, you're eligible for this free program.
Free MTM services
Get these free services from your MTM pharmacist:
- Medication review: A look at all your medications to identify duplications and potential conflicts. Your pharmacist can help organize your medication schedule.
- Prescriber consult: Working with your doctor(s) to resolve any problems found with your medications.
- Non-prescription consult: Find out which over-the-counter drugs to use to treat minor ailments easily and inexpensively without interfering with your prescriptions.
- Drug information: Learn the purpose and correct use of new medications. Your MTM pharmacist also follows up with you to make sure everything is right.
- Action plan: A written plan for when and how to take your medications
Program expanding across Michigan
Priority Health plans to invest nearly $2 million in grant funding this year to make this service available to all of our members across the state and within many primary care physician (PCP) offices in the near future. Not only will the pharmacist and PCP work together to coordinate your care, but you'll be able to visit both of them in one trip.
How to participate
Contact your pharmacist or PCP for information or to set up a comprehensive medication review.
Or find participating pharmacists when you log in to your MyHealth account. (Click Pharmacy, then Free Rx reviews.)
In this issue
- Introducing Joan Budden, new President & CEO
- Champion spotlight: Jennifer Millard
- MyHealth: Your account info on the go
- Traveling this spring? You're covered.
- 6 tips for cleaning without wheezing
- Pay $0, save thousands - get your preventive care!
- Is type 2 diabetes in your future?
- Membership has its perks!
- Vaping: safe alternative to tobacco?
- Health care when and where you need it
- Going paperless benefits you... and the community
- Free program helps you control meds & Rx costs
- What does special enrollment mean anyway?
- Understanding your health benefits
- Accepting Board member nominations