Stay on top of your health with a bonus checkup in your own home
An in-home health assessment is a great way to stay healthy and address health concerns outside of your regular primary care physician appointments. Most helpful when scheduled 6 months after your annual wellness visit, an in-home health assessment to help identify any ongoing health issues before they become serious or clear up any concerns or questions since your last doctor's visit. Think of it like a bonus no-cost checkup included in your health plan.
During your assessment, a licensed health care provider will sit down with you in your home and review your medical history, medications and answer any questions you may have about your health. If it makes you more comfortable, you can invite a family member or friend to be there during the visit or choose a different place for the visit other than your home.
Here are five more things you should know about in-home health assessments:
- You won't need to set aside a lot of time; your in-home visit will only take about 45 minutes.
- Your results are shared with your primary care physician (PCP) after your visit. Your PCP will receive a full report so they stay up to date on your health. You'll also receive a one-page after-visit summary for your records.
- This service is included in your health plan. In-home health assessments are offered at no cost to you.
- There's very little you need to do to get ready for this visit. All you need to do is have a list of current prescriptions and over-the-counter medications handy.
- You'll still continue to see your PCP like you normally would. These visits are meant to be a checkup between visits to your doctor. If you need any follow up based on your evaluation, it will be supervised by your PCP.
Signify Health may be calling you to schedule an in-home health assessment. If you'd like to schedule an in-home visit yourself, contact Signify Health at 855.746.8710 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.