HHS OIG Fraud Alert (Brace Scam)
Did you hear about the latest fraud scam in health care? The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General released the latest consumer alert involving orthotic braces and other medical equipment.
Stay informed and take these steps to protect yourself:
- Be wary of any offers that promise "free" products or service.
- If you receive an unsolicited call to buy medical equipment, do not be afraid to end the call.
- Contact your physician for your DME needs. Your health care provider knows you and your medical history. Don't let a sales person talk you into something you do not need.
- If you have any questions, or if you suspect fraud or abuse, tell us. You don't have to give your name, address or phone number. Contact us in the way that's most convenient for you:
- Call Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card.
- Write to the Priority Health Fraud and Abuse Program
- Call the Compliance Helpline at 800.560.7013. This third party organization is open 24 hours a day and they will report your concerns to us.