Companion care with Papa
We've partnered with Papa, a company that connects college students ("Papa Pals") to Medicare members with specific chronic conditions who need assistance with transportation, house chores, technology lessons, companionship, and other senior services.
If you qualify, you'll have a $0 copay for up to 8 hours of companion care each month.
An in-home health assessment with Priority Health Medicare’s approved provider, Signify, is required to determine eligibility.
You must meet all three of the following requirements to be eligible:
- Have a high risk of hospitalization or other adverse health outcomes
- Require intensive care coordination
- Have one or more chronic conditions, as identified by the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services:
Click to see qualifying conditions
- Chronic alcohol and other drug dependence
- Autoimmune disorders limited to: Polyarteritis nodosa, Polymyalgia rheumatica, Polymyositis, Rheumatoid arthritis, and Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Cancer, excluding pre-cancer conditions or in-situ status
- Cardiovascular disorders limited to: Cardiac arrhythmias, Coronary artery disease, Peripheral vascular disease, and Chronic venous thromboembolic disorder
- Chronic heart failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD) requiring dialysis
- Severe hematologic disorders limited to: Aplastic anemia, Hemophilia, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Myelodysplatic syndrome, Sickle-cell disease (excluding sickle-cell trait), and Chronic venous thromboembolic disorder
- Chronic lung disorders limited to: Asthma, Chronic bronchitis, Emphysema, Pulmonary fibrosis, and Pulmonary hypertension
- Chronic and disabling mental health conditions limited to: Bipolar disorders, Major depressive disorders, Paranoid disorder, Schizophrenia, and Schizoaffective disorder
- Neurologic disorders limited to: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Epilepsy, Extensive paralysis (i.e., hemiplegia, quadriplegia, paraplegia, monoplegia), Huntington’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Polyneuropathy, Spinal stenosis, and Stroke-related neurologic deficit
You will be notified within 1-2 weeks, following the completion of your in-home health assessment, if you are eligible for companion care. You can then reach out to schedule your time with a Papa Pal at 833.680.5959, Monday-Friday 8am-11pm and Saturday-Sunday 8am- 8pm (EST).