Life changes happen, and when they do your health insurance may have to change, too.

If you experience a major life change, you may be able to change your health insurance plan or buy a new one through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). See full list of qualifying life events and required documentation below.

Have questions? Call our enrollment specialists toll-free at 833.604.0219.

What is a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)?

You may still be able to enroll in a health plan if you qualify for a SEP. Qualifying life events vary and in most cases, you have 60 days following a major life event to change your plan or enroll for the first time.

Learn more

Qualifying life events & required documents

  • Marriage
    Marriage certificate
  • Birth of a child
    Birth certificate
  • Adoption
    Adoption papers or placement orders
  • Foster care placement
    Proof of placement
  • Guardianship
    Court order naming legal guardian
  • Moved to a different coverage area
    Proof of new address (new driver's license or rental/mortgage agreement)
  • Gained U.S. citizenship or qualified immigration status
    Copy of citizenship/immigration papers
  • COBRA coverage ending
    Notice from your COBRA administrator
  • Aging off a parent's plan
    Proof of date of birth, copy of driver's license or passport
  • Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
    Copy of letter from Medicaid or CHIP
  • Death
    Copy of death certificate

How to enroll during a Special Enrollment Period

Follow these steps:

  1. Find a plan and get pricing. 
  2. Make sure you have required proof documents (see above).
  3. Enroll in your plan.

Questions? Call 833.604.0219.

Compare plans & prices