HSA deductible help
A deductible is a way to share the cost of health coverage with your employer. It is the amount you pay for services before your health plan benefits start. See your Certificate of Coverage or policy documents for details.
- All services covered by your policy apply to the deductible when you have a health savings account (HSA).
- A deductible starts over each plan year.
- There are individual and family deductibles. An individual deductible includes expenses just for one individual; a family deductible applies to all covered family members added together. Once a family's expenses for covered services reach the family deductible, plan benefits begin for the whole family; individual deductibles no longer apply.
- Most Priority Health plans pay for preventive care services such as physicals whether you have met your deductible or not.
- The individual deductible does not apply if you are enrolled in a plan with a HSA and you have more than one person on your policy.