Your benefits could change.
You could lose your Healthy Michigan Plan.
Some Healthy Michigan Plan (HMP) members will lose their HMP plan and move to a new Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDDH) health care program starting in April of 2018 because they have not completed an HMP Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and selected a healthy behavior.
This new health care program is from MDDH and is called the MI Marketplace Option.
Will this change affect me?
It depends. For example, you will NOT have to enroll in a MI Marketplace Option health plan if one of the following is true:
- You have picked a healthy behavior to work on with your doctor as part of the HMP HRA within the last 12 months.
- You have been in a Healthy Michigan health plan for less than a year.
- You are younger than 21 years old, are pregnant, or are a Native American.
- You are currently in a nursing facility or receiving hospice or Home Help services.
- You are or could be ‘medically exempt’. Medically exempt means you have a serious or complex health condition or that you need help with some of your daily activities.
- Your household income is at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Starting in 2018, MDHHS will check for this information every month and send letters to people who will be losing their Healthy Michigan Plan and moving to the MI Marketplace Option. If this change does not affect you now, it could in the future.
How will my benefits change?
Your current HMP health plan covers certain dental and vision services. Your current plan also has a list of drugs that they cover. The MI Marketplace Option will not cover dental and vision services. It may not cover the same drugs and you may have to change your doctor. Your costs may also change.
How can I keep my HMP health plan coverage?
If you want to keep your HMP health plan coverage, there are a few things you can do today:
- Call the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) Unit.
The HRA Unit can help you complete an HMP HRA form and pick a healthy behavior. Call the HRA Unit at 833.420.8278. They are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Report changes that may affect your coverage to MDHHS.
This could be the birth of a child, death, marriage or divorce, change in income or change in your other insurance. You may also visit www.michigan.gov/mibridges and use the “Report My Changes” function to update your status or check on your current case information.
- Remember, you should complete an HRA and select a healthy behavior every year to avoid having to change to the MI Marketplace Option.
What if I already did an HMP HRA?
That is great news! Remember that you should do an HMP HRA with your doctor every year. If it has been more than one year since your last HMP HRA, call the HRA Unit at 833.420.8278 from Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They will help you complete an HMP HRA form and pick a healthy behavior.
What will happen next?
Remember, these changes will not start until April 2018. MDHHS will send letters to members who have to move to the MI Marketplace Option beginning in February 2018. The letters will tell you more about this change and how to enroll in a MI Marketplace Option health plan, how to complete an HRA and how to ask for a medical exemption.