Free lead poisoning screenings
Screening for lead poisoning is important for two reasons:
- Babies and toddlers put toys and other objects that could have lead paint on them into their mouths
- Lead poisoning often doesn’t have any symptoms, so kids with lead poisoning may not look or act sick. Only a simple blood test can tell for sure. Children should be tested for lead poisoning at 12 and 24 months, and once a year from ages 3 – 6.
You can get a $10 prepaid Visa® card just for taking your toddler to the doctor for a free lead poisoning screening. It's our way of saying thanks for being healthy!
- Call your child's doctor
- Schedule a free lead poisoning screening appointment
- Go to the appointment before your toddler's second birthday
- Then we'll mail you a $10 prepaid Visa® card
In this issue
- Virtual care. Get care when you need it.
- Customer service is here to help
- Know your BMI
- Eligibility reminders
- Maternal Infant Health Program
- A yearly checkup - for your medications
- Protect yourself and your family
- Chlamydia screenings
- Immunization reminders
- Family planning: You have options
- Free lead poisoning screenings
- Get big savings with Member perks
- Keep your child healthy with well-child visits
- Need a ride to your appointment?
- Prenatal care and vaccinations
- Our commitment to your privacy and security